google analytics

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Metal Cardboard letters

Pinterest approved. I'm cheap, did you notice that yet?!

>I took an old box and cut out my own letters for our kitchen "YUM" after cutting them out
>I made a design using elmers glue, which did not make the design raised up enough so I went over the same design with hot glue, much better!
>Then I folded tin foil over each letter, and
>finished it with Oil rubbed bronze spray paint. Love how the silver in the tin foil popped out.

 I didn't pay a dime for this project, because I already had tin foil and spray paint on hand.
 
I could have made them thicker but I wanted to hang them without having to use nails or anything that could/would damage the walls, so I hung them with 3M tacky compound. 
Sorry for the blurry pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment